Flyers sizes – complete dimensions guide for flyers
In the world of marketing, flyers are a powerful tool for businesses and organizations to showcase their products, services, or events. However, to truly harness the potential of this marketing gadget, it’s essential to understand what a flyer is and the different sizes and dimensions it comes in.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the standard flyer sizes and their optimal usage in modern marketing that could work best for specific advertising goals. Stay ahead of the game and create outstanding flyers tips and tricks!
Why flyer sizes are important?
When it comes to making flyers, size matters! Different flyer sizes serve different purposes and, as a result, can more effectively communicate your message to the globe. Hence, the flyer size dimensions should be chosen based on your specific marketing goals and target audience. Whether you want a small, compact flyer to promote a sale or a larger one to announce an event, the right flyer size can make a big difference in your marketing efforts.
Common flyer sizes and dimensions
In order to make your promotion soar, first things first: let’s talk flyer size. There are a few options out there, so let’s dive in together and pick the perfect one for your needs!
Standard sizes (US Letter, A4)
Standard flyers are a go-to option for presenting detailed information to potential customers or attendees, whether you’re launching a new product or promoting an event. And the best part? You can even fold them into brochures or customize them to fit your distribution strategy. With ample space for text and graphics, the standard flyer size is a no-brainer for a marketing win!
216 x 279.9 mm | 8.5 x 11 in | 2550 x 3300 px
Made by splitting a US letter or A4 sheet in two, they’re the foolproof size for promoting local sales, showcasing discounts, or advertising special events. With enough room for both images and key information, half-page flyers deliver a big impact while still being easy to handle or tuck into newspapers. Bonus: for digital formats, this is the size you need.
139.7 x 215.9 mm | 5.5 x 8.5 in | 528 x 816 px
For a flyer that really grabs attention, go square. With a unique shape that stands out from the crowd, square flyers are excellent for promoting new products, social media campaigns, or special promotions. Be the talk of the town and add a modern twist to your traditional marketing efforts with these edgy flyers!
139.7 x 139.7 mm | 5.5 x 5.5 in | 528 x 528 px
167.6 x 167.6 mm | 6 x 6 in | 633.4 x 633.4 px
If you need a flyer that fits like a glove in an envelope, DL flyers will become your partner. The extra thickness ensures your message stands out and is protected in transit, and they’re ideal for spreading the news about events, promotions, or even menu updates. And for your mail campaigns, include DL flyers to catch your recipient’s attention.
210 x 99 mm | 8.3 x 3.9 in | 1169 x 2480 px
Imagine a flyer that is half the size of a sheet of paper. That’s the size of an A5 flyer! These compact flyers have become increasingly popular for their perfect balance of size and impact, making them a top choice for promoting events or spreading the news about new products. And if you’re thinking of a go door-to-door distribution campaign, they’re the best portable option.
148 x 210 mm | 5.8 x 8.3 in | 559 x 794 px
Finally, if you thought tiny fliers couldn’t exist, A6 flyers prove you wrong! These little papers may be small, but still fierce. Perfect for handing out at events or fairs, they’re an optimal solution for creating marketing materials like coupons or invitations. In fact, they’re so versatile they can even be used as mini-catalogs or guides.
105 x 148.5 mm | 4.1 x 5.8 in | 298 x 420 px
Quick sizes summary
|Flyer type||Euro size (millimeters)||U.S. size (inches)||Pixels|
|US letter (A4)||216 x 279.5 mm||8.5 x 11 in||2550 × 3300 px|
|Half-page||139.7 x 215.9 mm||5.5 x 8.5 in||528 x 816 px|
|Square||139.7 x 139.7 mm
167.6 x 167.6 mm
|5.5 x 5.5 in
6 x 6 in
|528 x 528 px
633.4 x 633.4 px
|DL||210 x 99 mm||8.3 x 3.9 in||1169 x 2480 px|
|A5||148 x 210 mm||5.8 x 8.3 in||559 x 794 px|
|A6||105 x 148.5 mm||4.1 x 5.8 in||298 x 420 px|
Some designing advice
You’ve chosen the ideal flyer size, and now it’s time to ensure your visual content is top-notch. Take a look at these expert tips to guarantee your flyer design exceeds expectations:
- Make it straight to the point: Don’t cram all your information on the flyer. Instead, choose one message and deliver it loud and clear.
- Add a clear call to action: Think about what you want your audience to do after reading the flyer. Whether it’s “Visit our website!” or “RSVP today!”, assure the CTA is easy to find and compelling.
- Stay true to your brand: As with the rest of your business materials, your flyer should reflect your brand’s personality and aesthetics.
- Consider your audience: Design with your viewers in mind! Consider their preferences, needs, and interests and tailor your design to appeal to them.
- Organize your content: Guide your audience’s eyes toward the most important information through the strategic use of visual hierarchy.
- Repurpose your flyers: Get more out of your design by exploring multiple uses in other marketing documents or platforms.
- Get inspired with templates: There’s no shame in getting some help. Browse Wepik’s flyer templates collection to find the perfect starting point for your design.
Quick printing and distribution tips
So you’ve spent hours organizing your flyer’s layout, but wait… don’t forget the most crucial step: print it and share it out! After all, what’s the point of creating an awesome design if it doesn’t look amazing on paper? Let’s make sure those flyers are ready to take flight!
- Make your flyer pop by choosing high-quality paper, the right weight, and finish.
- Use eye-catching images or graphics in high resolution to make a memorable impact.
- Choose a brand-color scheme with an accurate level of brightness and contrast.
- Ensure the text is legible by selecting simple, readable fonts (check out our blog article 15 Beautiful Font Pairing for some stunning font combination ideas).
- Distribute your flyers in high-traffic areas or places your audience frequently visits.
- Expand your reach by partnering with local businesses and organizations.
- Leverage social media platforms to get your flyers everywhere
For the inside scoop on essential print design tips, take a look at our article about print design tips.